8/13/2009

Day 2, test results, surgeon consultation

Today was day 2 of the total process. We were able to get a later start than normal. We went to LSI at 11:30 A.M. for lunch before the meeting. They served Chicken Parmesan with ziti, steamed vegetables, garlic roll, and a drink. Oh so good.
At 12:15 P.M. we met with the surgeon. He covered the MRI mainly. Showed us the herniated disc (pretty good one too), and the double bulged disc. All the things that are issues back there (ba-dom-tiss!) they are going to correct during the surgery. The blood work was more or less a double check to see if there was any hidden issues. The X-Ray's were not all that helpful (of course - not when it's discs) either. Once the surgeon gets in the back, he says that other issues he finds he will correct as well. This be a six to eight hour process. Two for pre-op, two for surgery and two for post-op, or something like that. Then I get to walk, or ride back to the hotel the same day!!! No hospital stay!!

The only other thing to do today was make the payment. After you make your payment there is nothing else to do in that respect. Recieved a packet to review for in the morning, surgery day. Any other questions I may had I do not feel were answered, suggestion made to write them down so I can ask them in the morning.

This picture is from my oldest son, Jonathan, which is eight. He did this the day before we flew out and sneaked it into my luggage. I didn't know that he did. I found it when I got to the hotel and unpacked. Yep, that's my hair at the top. He drew the rainbow because I will be happy after surgery. What looks more like stitching is my spine, all better. That is a X-Ray, he said. You can see the bones in the arms and legs. That was so nice to find that. He is ready to play football in the backyard again. My youngest, Daniel, four, can't wait to push me in the pool when my back is better.

I mean, it's amazing how much they have going on. For two days in a row I have been completely blown away by how many people are actually there. Makes me keep asking myself how other surgeons and insurances are not jumping on this bandwagon. I better get to bed myself. I have a big day of lying on a table tomorrow, can't eat or drink after midnight anyway, so I might as well go to bed. :)
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment